The Governance Committee is composed of six members. On average, this committee holds five meetings annually. The committee oversees and evaluates matters of corporate governance and structure, including, without limitation, the director nomination and election process, evaluation and development of Board performance and processes, director orientation and continuing education, and the independence of directors.
The Governance Committee’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and recommend to the Board a set of corporate governance guidelines applicable to the Association;
- Conduct periodic reviews of the number of Board members and composition and make recommendations regarding any changes;
- Determine the qualifications, qualities, skills and other expertise desired for directors;
- Oversee annual Board self-evaluation; and
- Oversee Nominating Committee process.